The environment | Forest Reserves Program
The Forest Reserves program provides incentives for the planting of eucalyptus by farmers who own rural properties in the vicinity of Fibria planted áreas. The program has been introduced in the states of Bahia (Far South), Espírito Santo, Rio Grande do Sul and São Paulo.
This production model opens up the prospect of sustained business for rural producers, who receive planting incentives from the first year they enter the program, through the supplying of eucalyptus seedlings for reforesting, technical assistance, support for the selling of the wood and environmental education.
The program encourages the generating of income, preservation of the environment and sustainability in the countryside, by harmonizing forest use with food production and animal husbandry.
- Eucalyptus seedlings produced using the latest technology.
- Professional supervision to guide the forest management.
- Planning of the property use, with map of the area drawn up, showing roads, plots for cultivation and Areas of Permanent Preservation (APPs).
- Training for professionals and farmers.
- Development of forest certification concepts.
- Applied research, in partnership with public and private higher education institutions.
- Guaranteed purchasing of the wood.